Sean Hill, this post is for you... Most people will find this post rather worthless.
1. I shook George W's hand in 5th Grade. He asked me what my favorite color was.
2. I play the ukulele.
3. I hate the Yankees with a passion.
4. I've married the antithesis of a Tom Tom.
5. I'm named after my grandpa Judge.
6. My favorite candy bar is a Pay Day
7. I had a bowl cut through the 6th grade
8. I always wanted to go to Space camp, but it never happened.
9. As a child, my dream vacation was to go to Lego Land (and still is.)
10. My name is forever written on a brick at the Texas State Fair. Thanks Grandma.
11. At the State Fair, when I was 10, I won 2nd place in the lego competition with a three-story cafe and a state flag.
12. I tend to laugh at my own jokes.
13. I have major problems with redneck Christians.
14. Much to my wife's disapproval, my favorite outfit is a grey sweatshirt and grey sweatpants.
15. I could live in Boston.
16. I'll admit it, I love Taylor Swift. T Swift. Tay Tay.
17. I never graduated from ski school, so I hate skiing. My wife is trying to ease me back in.
18. I own a surfboard, but I'm not so great at surfing. I'm working on it.
19. My friend Sean and I used to keep stats on ever NCAA football game we played. We obviously had some spare time...
20. I often got deservingly spanked from my grandma growing up. She is now one of my favorite people in the world.
21. Also, I had a neck and wrist leash whenever my mom would take me to public places.
22. I fear for my wife if we have a son who acts like I did as a child.
23. I find too much joy in sneaking up on my wife and scaring her... Which is way too easy.
24. I love Great Danes and will never own a purse dog. Sorry Ashley.
25. Arrested Development is my favorite show.
26. I wish I was good at golf.
27. My all-time favorite author is C.S. Lewis.
28. Best book I've ever read is the Screwtape Letters.
29. I never thought I'd be writing on a blog.
30. Since being engaged and married to my wife, my facebook pictures tagged have multiplied by 50.
31. I wish my wife would let me grow my handlebar mustache out.
32. And wear my American flag bandana in public.
33. And grow my hair back out.
34. But I love her anyways.
35. If I didn't have asthma, I would probably be in the Navy right now.
36. I can't wait to have a big family.
37. The greatest thing that ever happened to me was when a lady in the grocery store saw me in my Red Sox jacket and asked me what position I played for them.
38. I hung out with Michael Irvin at the World Premiere of "Friday Night Lights" in Los Angeles.
39. I was 50 pounds bigger in college.
40. I'm trying to talk my younger brother-in-law into being a Wildcat.
41. I'm trying to turn into a long distance runner.
42. I beat my wife in basketball. And I'm proud of it.
43. My kids better go to T Bar M instead of Kanakuk, the kult with a k. :)
44. I can't stand a limp handshake.
45. Nothing beats Texas High School football.
46. I hope to finish writing a book by the time I'm 28.
47. I love my Sunday afternoon naps
48. I never drank coffee until I went to Law school.
49. I married a fox.
50. I would never have made it to 100.
I should be studying...
Happy 5th (I can’t even believe it) Golden birthday to this hilarious, independent, fiery, generous, outgoing, sassy, first born red head. Some days I just know you’ll be a Supreme Court Justice one day. Others days I’m pretty sure you’ll be a tattoo artist. I love that you thought to bring Santa a gift when we went to see him (“Because someone needs to get a gift for Santa!”) and your current obsession with Larry the Cucumber even though we have to replace him every 5 days. I love that you’ve never met a stranger but would really appreciate it if you’d stop telling people (yes, men too) that they look like they have a baby in their tummy (“but mom, I like his fat belly!”) You make me laugh every day and the world better watch out, because one day you will run it (you kind of already do). I love you baby girl! #everlyrene
1 week ago