Sunday, January 23, 2011

Every Season


I heard this song on the radio the other day, and for whatever reason it struck a cord within me. It could be the clever words, beautiful melody, or the sweet memories that came back to me when I heard it,  but it got me thinking... It's such a rich analogy of our lives - quickly going through season after season, some wonderfully full of celebration, and joy, while others bringing change, heartache and growth. All purposed. All planned.  Just as He orchestrates every intricate detail in the aesthetic change from winter to spring, so He also beautifully arranges the components of my life, providing purpose for each season though I may not see it now.

 I believe this is true, because I believe scripture to be true.
"For by Him, all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, - all things were created THROUGH HIM AND FOR HIM. HE IS BEFORE ALL THINGS, AND IN HIM ALL THINGS HOLD TOGETHER." -Colossians 1:16-17


Through this song, my heart was stirred and I saw sweet glimpses of the Lord. Pursuing us with his creation, begging us to see his beauty and perfection through it... Giving me this life of change, growth, friendship that I may see the beauty in Him working through it. (Thankfully, even through my failures).


1 comment: