Saturday, January 15, 2011

Mom's 50th!

Due to my prolonged laziness in the blog world, it's going to take a few posts to get caught up. This past month has been packed full of family and friends and we have enjoyed every minute of it. Hence the laziness. I'm not one of those people who are glad to be "back in the swing of things"... I'm not gonna lie, I'd rather still be on vacation. :)

Here is the first highlight of what's been happening in the past few weeks.

My MOM TURNED 50!! You've got to start with the milestone right?  I know she doesn't look it, but Susan L. (you'll never guess her middle name) Davidson turned the BIG 5-0!
 I get comments all of the time that my mom could be my sister, which is hard to imagine since I look like a 16 year old half of the time, but I'll take it as a compliment.  Jody's secretly praying I inherited these same genes.
Her best friend Cindy Sickles and I planned a little get together to celebrate in Amarillo, and my mom was so surprised! One of the many things I love about her is how she truly appreciates the simplest gestures. You'd have thought we flew her to Martha's Vineyard, first-class, for a dinner party on the beach with fireworks. It was so fun for us to see the look of surprise on her face when we were all there waiting for her, and she was genuinely excited.
 Of course, we had to have an old lady cane for her to walk around with.


With Memolly and my beautiful aunts

The whole fam together!!

There are few people in this world who consider their mother to be one of their best friends. I'm lucky to be one of them. Hardly a day goes by that I'm not on the phone with her...  She always has a listening ear, gives the best advice, and we are constantly laughing when we are together. I envy those people who get to live in the same town as their parents.

I need to start keeping a list of all of the things she did growing up that I want to copy exactly when I become a mom. She was patient, loving, incredibly laid back, didn't stress about trivial matters, and always found a way talked to us about Jesus and what this means in our lives. She also spoiled us like crazy at times. (i.e. letting us chose every night whether we wanted to be woken up the next morning with either tea or coffee) Spoiled.  Oh yeah, and she woke us up with her prayer journal every morning so we could read her daily prayers and scriptures for us as we got dressed. This a memory I treasure and definitely want to copy someday...
She loves her kids well. She loves her husband well, and she has an unrelenting and admirable love for Jesus. Whenever things don't go the right way (which is often),  she is the first one reminding us that God is faithful and good in all circumstances. She lives this out. I could go on and on about her integrity, and all the things I see in my mom that I strive to be, but I'll save that for a personal note. Your welcome.

Love you Mom! You are a blessing to all who know you!

" You make known to me the path of life; In your presence is fullness of joy; In your righthand there are treasures forever."       Psalm 16:11



Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Many more blogs to come in the next week. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment